<editorial board> <agu> The Double Crisis of the University and the Global Economy

Eli Meyerhoff eli.meyerhoff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:00:23 CET 2008

With Gary and Andrew, I agree that the zero-issue should interrogate
the construction of the "crises" both of the university and the
economy.  Through particular crisis narratives, certain subjects are
constituted as crisis managers and others as to-be-managed.  By
posing questions about these constructions, we could then connect
with the political materials that Gerald recommended.   We could ask
about counter-narratives, such as the Anamolous Wave's "we won't pay
for your crisis" and their pointing to other contradictions of
capitalism as bases for alternative narratives of crisis, and then we
could ask about how such movements are transforming the university.

-Eli Meyerhoff