<editorial board> zero issue: draft intro

Nirmal Puwar n.puwar at gold.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 23:05:56 CET 2009

Hi
works with the changes.

just one suggestion, if I may - the opening words 'The old institutions
are crumbling' could be changed to 'Long established institutional forms
are undergoing transformations'

Quickly, here are my reasons:
1.'old institutions' just seems like a rather ahistorical phrase. How old
is old in the current drive for the novel, new and innovative
[ref.Connerton 2009 'How Modernity Forgets'].

2.'crumbling' is visually more dramatic than what is happening, which is a
transformation of both down-sizing and expansion, alongside a
re-configuration of public-private economies.

just a suggestion

nirmal