<editorial board> zero issue: draft intro

Gary Hall gary at garyhall.info
Thu Dec 3 11:49:36 CET 2009

Looks good.

Myself, I'm still wondering to what extent there is a crisis, and for
whom, and whose language it is we're adopting when we speak of their
being a 'global economic crisis'. (After all, it could be argued that in
the UK, many of those who are reasonably well paid, didn't loose their
jobs, and don't depend on income from investments, are actually better
off financially, since their mortgage rates have declined dramatically.)

However, I agree with the suggestions made so far. It'd be good to
include a little more about the current struggles around the
university. And possibly about some of the other experiments with new
and alternative models for the university that are being conducted, many
of them online. They may not always be that interesting politically, but
they do seem indicative of a wider desire for change.

Gary

gerald raunig wrote:

> congratulations for getting it out in 2009!
> will there be any hints or small texts included about the very actual
> occupations and struggles from zagreb to vienna and california ....?
> g.

Gary Hall
Professor of Media and Performing Arts
School of Art and Design, Coventry University
Co-editor of Culture Machine
http://www.culturemachine.net
Co-founder of the Open Humanities Press
http://www.openhumanitiespress.org
My website http://www.garyhall.info

Latest book: Digitize This Book!: The Politics of New Media, or Why We Need Open Access Now
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/H/hall_digitize.html

Book Series
http://liquidbooks.pbworks.com/