<editorial board> zero issue: draft intro

Gary Hall gary at garyhall.info
Sat Dec 5 12:39:27 CET 2009

Hi Brett...

Thanks for this. It looks a great way of dealing with the 'crisis' issue.

experiments with new and alternative models for the university currently
being conducted is needed, then a note could perhaps be added to the
following sentence:

'The articles collected in this zero issue also highlight emergent
claims for new educational models and practices of self-managed
knowledge production.'

This note could run something along the lines of 'Other examples of such
experiments with new educational models, indicative of a wider desire
for change, include EXCO: The Experimental College of the Twin Cities
(http://www.excotc.org/); the Imaginary Border Academy
(http://borderacademy.org); University of Openness
(http://uo.twenteenthcentury.com/index.php/AboutUo); Worker's Punk
University
(http://www.culturalprofiles.org.uk/slovenia/Units/5837.html);
University of the Poor (http://universityofthepoor.org/).

I'm sure there are even more that could added if necessary and
appropriate, not least with examples taken from the list on the
Edu-Factory site:
http://www.edu-factory.org/edu15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=70

Gary