<CPOV> Videos of the Conference online

Juliana Brunello juliana at networkcultures.org
Tue Apr 20 17:53:23 CEST 2010

Dear Thomas,

I believe this has little to do with nationalism. It is just a matter of
knowing where people come from and recognizing that there were ambassadors
of different cultures present at the conference. I, as a social scientist
from Brazil, who lived in Germany, am sure that the culture one person is
born into have a strong influence in their way of thinking. It is
definitely interesting to see what topics and what conclusions people from
different cultures talking about a central theme come up with, their
differences and similarities. Maybe our definitions of nationalism are not
the same. This might be due to our different cultural backgrounds. Was
that banal sociological nationalism?

Juliana