<CPOV> What dismays me

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:41:15 CET 2010

What concerns me most right now about Wikipedia and other free,
open-source resources on the Internet, is that they seem to be driving
out of business those traditional news- and information-gathering
businesses that (we would hope) employ content generators who have
undergone training, have experience, and know better how to synthesize
data in meaningful ways.  Ironically, it is these traditional sources
(newspapers, magazines, academic journals, etc.) that entities like
Wikipedia purportedly rely on for "reliability" in their own content
regurgitation.

If we follow this path to its bitter end, and there are no more
traditional newspapers, magazines, and academic journals... (they
having all been driven to extinction by free, open-source,
crowdsourcing miracles)... what will Wikipedia then use to verify that
its knowledge is in fact "knowledge"?

"The only source of knowledge is experience."  -- Albert Einstein.

--
Gregory Kohs
Founder, MyWikiBiz.com