<CPOV> Community run or royal decree?

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:03:28 CEST 2010

Apologies, that I'm quite awful at replying to the thread properly, when all
I receive is a summary report of the list.  I'll try to quickly answer the
last two questions.

>From Mathieu ONeil:

To learn about the "spoof", please read this:
http://wikipediareview.com/blog/20100406/wikiversity-when-breaching-experiments-attack/

As for the "where and why there were the kinds of 'exploitative' imagery" on
WM sites, please read these:

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=29428

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-November/056050.html

And from Johanna Niesyt:

I think that the Wikiversity project is a modestly useful pastime for
amateur and would-be scholars to publish ideas and resources.  I do not
consider it a "failure", although I consider its community's backbone
(specifically, the lack thereof) a failure.  In other words, the Wikiversity
community allowed itself to be run over roughshod by a rampaging Jimmy Wales
who didn't follow protocol, lied about the source of his authority, and
basically made a bigger mess than before he arrived.  When I spoke of the
Wikiversity "undermining Wikipedia", I didn't mean the whole project.  I
meant this small task-force within that project:

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ethics/Ethical_Breaching_Experiments

And, you'll also want to see that first link I posted above, if you don't
know about that whole scene.

Kindly all,

Greg