<CPOV> Community run or royal decree?

Jon Awbrey jawbrey at att.net
Tue May 4 20:02:15 CEST 2010

Researchers who are examining the questions of global control versus local autonomy
in Wikimedia projects owe it to themselves and their readers to become familiar with
the operations of the Wikimedia Foundation's Meta-Wiki:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/

Particular attention should be paid to the role of the so-called "Spam Blacklist":

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Spam_blacklist

We all know that genuine spam is a genuine problem, but Wikipedists are notable
for stretching the coverage of formerly meaningful words to cover any purpose
that suits their prejudices.

No doubt my own narrative in influenced by the personal experience of having been bombed
on a recurring basis by Meta Wikimedia HeliCops, but here is thread at The Wikipedia Review
where I collected a record of those experiences, for what it's worth, as they say:

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=27873

Ciao,

Jon Awbrey

--