<CPOV> Ilektra Pavlaki: The Development of the Greek-language Wikipedia

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 5 12:17:32 CEST 2011

The Development of the Greek-language Wikipedia: An interview with the
general coordinator of the “I participate in Wikipedia” campaign.

By Ilektra Pavlaki

Yiannis Giannarakis is the general coordinator of the “I participate
in Wikipedia” campaign, which aims at the development and enrichment
of the Greek – language Wikipedia. The initiative, launched in January
2011, is supported by the Greek-language Wikipedia community, the
Greek Ministry of Education, the Greek Free/Open-Source Software
Society (GFoss) and the Greek Research and Technology Network (GrNet).
Here, Giannarakis talks about the collaboration between the Greek-
language Wikipedia community and the agents who support the campaign,
as well as the valuable “lessons” the campaign has offered to both new
and experienced users. Finally, he shares his vision concerning the
future of the Greek-language Wikipedia.

Read more here:

http://mastersofmedia.hum.uva.nl/2011/07/05/the-development-of-the-greek-language-wikipedia-an-interview-with-the-general-coordinator-of-the-i-participate-in-wikipedia-campaign/