<CPOV> Different languages, different points of view

Paolo Massa paolo at gnuband.org
Mon May 27 10:53:41 CEST 2013

Hi, a small suggestion.
In order to check the differences between 2 language versions of a
concept you can use Manypedia.
The translation (from a language to another language) is automatic and
not perfect but it is a starting point

http://www.manypedia.com/#|en|Shalom_Al_Yisrael_Synagogue|he
is the comparison of Shalom_Al_Yisrael_Synagogue on English Wikipedia
and Hebrew Wikipedia (translated into English).
For getting the translation, click the text "Translate" which appears
few seconds on the page on the right side of the interface.

On the site, you can also see stats about the 2 compared pages.
For example, the English Wikipedia page for Shalom_Al_Yisrael_Synagogue has
Total revisions: 13287 - Created on 25/2/2002 by Conversion script -
Last edit: 23/5/2013
Number of editors: 5412 - Top 5 editors: That Guy, From That Show!
(349) Otolemur crassicaudatus (161)Tawkerbot2 (110) The Man in
Question (104) Mr. Billion (96)
while the Hebrew one has
Total revisions: 66 - Created on 24/3/2006 by אלישיב - Last edit:
23/5/2013 - See gender and world location of editors
Number of editors: 32 - Top 5 editors: Liadmalone (10) שילוני (7)
Yonidebot (5) 87.68.163.22 (5) דוד שי (4)

Paolo Massa
Email: paolo AT gnuband DOT org
Blog: http://gnuband.org