<CPOV> wikimedia-l weirdness

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Thu May 29 15:26:27 CEST 2014

Sad and predicable or not, I hope the overall attitude towards initatives such as CPOV will change. Maybe CPOV itself has died but the critical engagement of people towards Wikipedia hasn't changed, I noticed over the years. The harsh way beginners are scared off by a small insider's group of White male engineers remains the core 'cultural' issue. Jimmy Wales has cultivated and reproduced that small circle and the old guard is now part of the problem called 'Wikipedia governance', despite numerous efforts to change that very culture, from inside, and outside (such as the CPOV network). Correct analysis? Geert