<CPOV> wikimedia-l weirdness

Athina Karatzogianni athina.k at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:27:43 CEST 2014

Hi All,

My two pennies, just from personal experience (which of course no one can
extrapolate from), I agree with Geert's and Nate's take down to the t.

Academically, I still think about governance and conflict along these lines
we outlined with Michaelides back in 2008-9
Cyberconflict at the Edge of Chaos: Cryptohierarchies and Self-organization
in the Open Sourcehttp://works.bepress.com/athina_karatzogianni/2/

if anyone is interested

Best

Athina

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM, nathaniel tkacz
<nathanieltkacz at gmail.com>wrote:

> well the specific details aren't predictable, but it's not exactly the
> first time this kind of thing has happened. i'm not even talking
> specifically about wikipedia. i think the dynamics of list cultures lend
> themselves to these kinds of developments. call it a crisis of good faith!
> you can even see it all the attempts to maintain civility, but at a point
> it becomes disingenuous and strategic.

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Joseph Reagle <joseph at reagle.org> wrote:
>
>> On 05/29/2014 06:43 AM, nathaniel tkacz wrote:
>> > it's sad and predictable.
>>
>> How can anything so weird be thought predictable? (Unless you are taking
>> Theresa Preston-Werner's meddling at GitHub as the new normal?)

<http://www.routledge.com/books/search/keywords/karatzogianni/>
Dr Athina Karatzogianni<http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/socsci/staff/academic-staff/karatzogianni,-athina.aspx>
Senior Lecturer in New Media and Political Communication
Director of Media at Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The University of Hull
United Kingdom