<Fair City Amsterdam> We Are Here: Update Amstelveen

jo jo at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 26 00:17:36 CEST 2018

Dear all,

A small update on the situation of the group of Amstelveen. As you all
already have seen, the judge decided the building had to be empty today
by 12:00. The group got a little more time and was able to get matrasses
and most important belongings outside, its in storage now.

As there is no alternative, people registered their name at the night
shelter in Havenstraat. They wrote their name, gave their vnumber and
are allowed to stay for tonight. Not everyone registered, some people
dont want to go inside for different reasons, amongst others being
traumatized by prisons, others have found a temporary place with
friends.

There is a lot of media coverage:
http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/183571/we-are-here-groep-verlaat-kraakpand-in-amstelveen

http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/183579/we-are-here-naar-nachtopvang-havenstraat-we-willen-niet-meer-kraken

https://www.nu.nl/239595/video/we-are-here-moet-kraakpand-verlaten-genoeg-is-genoeg.html

https://nos.nl/artikel/2238341-we-are-here-toch-naar-nachtopvang-we-willen-niet-meer-kraken.html

https://rtva.nl/2018/06/kraakpand-we-are-here-mag-worden-ontruimd/

I personally have seen a group of very strong men today, who feel
defeated but keep their head up and stay strong. I have big respect for
that. These are very very difficult times. I think no one expected an
eviction like this, having court and evection the same day.

Take care,

Sinead