<Fair City Amsterdam> Joining FairCity network

Savini, Federico f.savini at uva.nl
Mon Mar 23 09:59:30 CET 2020

Dear Friends from FairCity
This is Federico Savini. I work at the University of Amsterdam, department of planning, geography and urban development studies.
I know since long time the fair city network, and many of the people involved. I would like to join your network, and help in anyway possible. This is not only because of my both professional and personal involvement with issues of justice, both social and environmental, in Amsterdam, but also because of a project I am currently realizing. Together with others (that you may know), I am the co-initiator of the  post-capitalist housing cooperative de Nieuwe Meent (you may have heard about it). https://nieuwemeent.nl/. I think our ideals of affordable housing built on principles of solidariety, non-commodification, and care can fit your network.
Please let me know if  you need more information.
All the best
federico

Senior Lecturer in Environmental Planning, Institutions and Politics
University of Amsterdam Dep. of Geo, Planning and Int. Development studies | Center for Urban Studies
Nieuwe Achtergracht, 166, 1018WV, Amsterdam | Post address: P.O. BOX 15629 - 1001NC
Tel: 0031(0)205255085 | UvA Personal Page<https://www.uva.nl/profiel/s/a/f.savini/f.savini.html> | The Masterstudio Future Cities<http://www.masterstudio.org/>

New article: what does circular economy means for cities?<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1523908X.2019.1670048>
New book<https://policy.bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/planning-and-knowledge> on planning, knowledge and technocracy
New book<http://www.inplanning.eu/categories/1/articles/251?menu_id=publications&section_title_for_article=New+Books> on reducing energy consumption (Open Access)