::fibreculture:: recent articles on private networks?

Anna Munster a.munster at unsw.edu.au
Thu Aug 19 07:46:10 CEST 2010

Thanks Brett - these look like they provide good contextual grounding but I am actually wanting something a bit more specific, which I should have stated more clearly in my post. I actually am interested in the development and uses of network architectures such as Ning which attempt to evade search engine indexing and in fact visibility per se and are often used by small corporate franchises. I'm interested especially in the context of the 'disenfranchisement of the'rights'  of mass net usership that occurs through 'free' social media such as Facebook...
I was wondering if anyone new of any specific studies or critical analysis of Ning networks etc
cheers
Anna

a.munster at unsw.edu.au