::fibreculture:: Position vacancy - asst. prof. media arts (Canberra, AU)

Sam Hinton sam.hinton at canberra.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 04:59:52 CET 2010

Hello FC,

We're currently looking for someone to join us in Media Arts and Graphic Design at the University of Canberra (Canberra, Australia).

The position would suit someone who has just completed (or almost completed) a PhD or is looking to settle into a more permanent teaching and research role, and who has good practical production skills in digital media arts (eg: digital film production, post, editing, web design/development, motion graphics, 3D, digital animation).

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.   We've got good Faculty support and a great group of people here in Media Arts at UC and I'm pretty excited about adding a new person to our team.  I'm very happy to chat to anyone who's interested.

You can find position details and information about applying on the University website: http://www.canberra.edu.au/hr/jobs/positions-vacant/academic/102165

In brief:

Academic Level B/C Salary Range: $77,132 to $104,418* pa, plus 17% Super

This is a continuing contingent full-time position

Vacancy Reference No: 10/2165

The Media Arts and Production program in the Faculty of Arts and Design prepares students for creative roles in a rapidly changing media landscape, with an approach that integrates screen production, networked and interactive media. We seek a creative, research-active academic with extensive production skills to teach into this program. The successful applicant will be an experienced practitioner who can teach practically oriented subjects in areas such as digital video and video editing, motion graphics, 3D animation and networked and trans-media production. The successful applicant will also possess a relevant research degree completed or near completion. Professional experience in networked and social media, 3D animation and/or digital post-production will be an advantage. This is a full-time position with a fixed term of seven years.

*salary subject to an enterprise bargain agreement increase in salary of between 4-6% from January 2011.

For further information about this position please contact Sam Hinton, +61 (0)2 6201 5090.

Closing Date: 16 December 2010

Dr Sam Hinton                               Faculty of Arts and Design
Convenor, Media Arts and Production         University of Canberra
ph: +61 (0)2 62015090                       Australia
fx:  +61 (0)2 62015300                      CRICOS #00212K
Web: http://www.canberra.edu.au/faculties/arts-design/media-arts