::fibreculture:: Call for Abstracts DEADLINE 15 June | Knowledge, Culture, Economy International Conference
K.Davidson at uws.edu.au
Fri May 30 08:55:52 CEST 2014
View this email in your browser<http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=fec310a877&e=96fc29eac0>
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS DEADLINE 15 JUNE
The Institute for Culture and Society at the University of Western Sydney cordially invites you to attend its flagship Knowledge / Culture / Economy<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=e730ab1da4&e=96fc29eac0> International Conference, held on 3-5 November 2014 at the UWS Parramatta campus.
The conference will assess the shifting roles of knowledge, culture and economy in contemporary and historical scenarios of globalisation, production, consumption, expenditure, crisis, governance, technological change and reckonings with nature.
It will bring together theorists and practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds and knowledge institutions to debate these issues in relation to the following themes:
* Asia Pacific Cultural Economies
* Cultures of Finance
* Economic Diversity
* Digital Life
* Fragile Environments
* Aihwa Ong, Professor of Socio-Cultural Anthropology and Southeast Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley
* Timothy Mitchell, Professor and Chair of Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies, Columbia University
* Chris Gibson, Professor of Human Geography, Director UOW Global Challenges Program, Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research, University of Wollongong
* Katherine Gibson, Professor, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney
PAPER AND PANEL PROPOSALS
Paper and panel proposals addressing the conference themes are invited. Proposals spanning one or more themes are especially welcome.
* Individual paper proposals (200-300 words)
* Panel proposals (200 words for the panel concept and 200-300 words on each panel paper)
Visit the Conference Online website<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=425dda9be4&e=96fc29eac0> to submit your abstract. The deadline for abstract submissions is 15 June, 2014.
Administrative contact: Kristy Davidson K.Davidson at uws.edu.au<mailto:k.davidson at uws.edu.au>
Download the conference flyer<http://uws.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=3e81bbbb20&e=96fc29eac0>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Fibreculture