[Filmfestivalresearch] CfP Film Festival Research at SCMS 2011

Skadi Loist skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 6 13:22:52 CEST 2010

CfP Pre-Constituted Panel(s) on Film Festivals

2011 Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference

New Orleans, LA

March 10–13, 2011

In preparation for the SCMS Conference in New Orleans next year, we would
like to invite scholars working on film festivals (especially members of the
Film Festival Research Network) to submit paper proposals for
pre-constituted panel(s) and/or workshop(s).

While the conference theme focuses on “Media Citizenship”, this is not
intended to be rigid. The film festival panel(s) will therefore be open to
papers on all aspects of research relating to film festivals.

Please contact Skadi Loist ( <mailto:m.devalck at uva.nl>
skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de) no later than AUGUST 10, 2010 to register your
interest and indicate the possible area of your paper or a topic you would
like to discuss with others in the workshop format.  We will then work at
integrating the indicated interests to form panels and/or workshops.  Expect
a response by August 15.

For the eventual panel(s), all presenters are asked to provide a title, an
abstract of max. 250 words, with key bibliographical references, and a short
biography in a form ready to be submitted to SCMS.  We therefore ask anyone
participating in the panel(s) to send their completed proposals as a word
attachment to Skadi no later than August 21, 2010 to allow time for
preparation of the overall panel(s) description(s) and submission before the
general submissions deadline on September 1, 2010.

Please consult the SCMS guidelines before you submit.

Kind regards,

Skadi Loist, Universität Hamburg

Marijke de Valck, University of Amsterdam

* * *

Skadi Loist, M.A. (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin)
Universität Hamburg
Institut für Medien und Kommunikation
Von-Melle-Park 6
20146 Hamburg