[Filmfestivalresearch] Help required for master thesis (Berlinale)

Christina Kerling christina.kerling at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 16 14:31:11 CEST 2011

Hi Everybody,

My name is Christina Kerling and I’m studying Theatre and Media Studies at
the Friedrich-Alexander-University in Erlangen, Germany.
Currently I’m preparing my master thesis that is meant to focus on the
Berlin International Film Festival.

More precisely I’m going to analyze the political agenda setting of the
Berlinale with a special focus on the East-West conflict. Therefore, I will
primarily analyze the festival years of 1965, 1975 and 1985 by means of a
discourse analysis.

Getting the material for the analysis is very difficult as not many print
media have online archives until 1965 and also the Berlinale online archive
only provides detailed information since 2002.  That is why I’m contacting
you.

I wanted to ask if someone has any ideas where to get more material like
articles, press releases and info brochures or if someone even has some of
the required material.

Any advice any of you can give me will be most welcome.

 Many thanks in advance,

Christina Kerling