[Filmfestivalresearch] SCMS Conference Panels and Workshop !

ger zielinski, ph.d. geraldzielinski at trentu.ca
Fri Nov 25 05:39:01 CET 2011

 Dear Colleagues,

We have some splendid news to share with you regarding the SCMS conference
in Boston this coming March. All five panels and the one workshop have been
accepted, as listed below, to the best of our most recent tally. As far as
we know, quite remarkably, no panel or workshop was rejected. Moreover,
there are also several individual papers distributed among other panels.
This seems to be a good sign of the vitality of research in this expanding
area. Congratulations to all concerned!

Five Panels:

   - The Place of the Festival and its Impact on Local and Global Film and
   Media Arts Communities
   - The Host City I: Comparative Studies of Media Festivals and Urban
   Spaces
   - The Host City II: Case Studies of Media Festivals and Urban Spaces
   - Latin American Cinema and the Global Network of Film Festivals
   - Capital, Distinction & Film Festivals: On Adaptations of Pierre
   Bourdieu's Work to the Study of Film Festivals

One Workshop:

   - Film Festival Pedagogy: Using the Film Festival as Film Course

(If we missed your panel or workshop, do let us know its title!)

For those of you planning to attend SCMS 2012 in Boston, please make sure
that you have registered for the conference but also signed yourselves on
as members of the Film & Media Festivals Scholarly Interest Group at

http://www.cmstudies.org/?page=groups_filmfestivals

This promises to be quite a busy and exciting conference. We are looking
forward to seeing so many of you there this year!

We will keep you informed of the plans for formal and informal gatherings,
as the conference date approaches.

Your faithful co-chairs (Film & Media Festivals SIG),

Skadi Loist, skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de
Ger Zielinski, geraldzielinski at trentu.ca

--
Ger Zielinski, PhD