[Filmfestivalresearch] Archival Film Festivals

Alexander Marlow-Mann apmm at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 11:22:38 CEST 2011

Dear colleagues,

I was wondering whether anybody could give me some suggestions about archival film festivals? By that I mean festivals that program restorations, classics, archival rediscoveries and the like (be they sound or silent) either as their sole focus or as part of a significant sidebar event.

I am obviously familiar with some of the better-known European festivals like Pordenone and Bologna's Cinema Ritrovato; however, I am interested in finding out about lesser-known events, and in particular about any such festivals in other parts of the world (Asia, Latin America, Africa, etc.) I'm sure there must be many more such events out there. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Dr. Alex Marlow-Mann
Research Co-ordinator
Centre for Film Studies
University of St. Andrews
99 North Street
St. Andrews
Fife
KY16 9AD
Scotland
UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1334 467 463

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No SC013532.