[Filmfestivalresearch] NECSUS / festival reviews

Skadi Loist skadi at filmfestivalresearch.org
Sun Jul 29 13:45:24 CEST 2012

Dear festival researchers,

I hope you are all enjoying summer.  Here comes a little news update on
activities of the Film Festival Research Network and its members.

At the last NECS conference (June 21-23, 2012) we had several successful
panels and workshops again. Familiar faces as well as new members to the
NECS workgroup had a great opportunity for exchange about their work and
future projects during a few lovely Lisbon summer days.

At this year's conference the new peer-reviewed open-access online journal
NECSUS_European Journal of Media Studies (http://www.necsus-ejms.org/) was
launched. In this new journal academically inclined festival reviews will
find a home. Marijke de Valck and I serve as editors for the festival review
section. We envision the short pieces to cover ground between quick
journalistic reviews and rigorous academic analysis. We are looking for
reviews covering one to three festivals or addressing a specific theme or
issue relevant to the film festival circuit. (For further details please
refer to the Author Guidelines of the journal:
http://www.necsus-ejms.org/guidelines-for-submission/, scroll down to the
end).

If you are interested in writing a piece for the NECSUS film festival review
section, please contact us (marijke at filmfestivalresearch.org;
skadi at filmfestivalresearch.org).

Speaking of festival reviews, I'd like to forward the link to Dennis Broe's
personal review of this year's edition of the Cannes Film Festival, also
posted on the FFRN site:
http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/index.php/its-cannestastic-the-simulacru
m-abides-by-dennis-broe/.

Enjoy summer and the summer festival season.

Cheers,

Skadi

--

Skadi Loist