[Filmfestivalresearch] Screening the Future Conference 2012, USC, Los Angeles

PrestoCentre Team communication at prestocentre.org
Mon Mar 5 13:28:16 CET 2012

***Apologies for cross-posting***

*Screening the Future 2012: Play, Pause and Press Forward*
*May 21-23, 2012, Los Angeles*

Organized by the PrestoCentre Foundation in collaboration with the
University of Southern California Shoah Foundation Institute and Digital
Repository.

*The Conference*
The Screening the Future conference serves the global community of
stakeholders who keep audiovisual content alive. This annual international
conference brings together more than 250 leading archivists, production
companies, filmmakers, TV producers, CTOs, scientists, vendors,
strategists, funders and policy makers, developing solutions to the most
urgent questions facing audiovisual repositories. With *Play, Pause and
Press Forward *as the theme of this year's conference, we explore: the
current status of audiovisual archives; the main challenges that archives
and producers face in terms of IT, institutional position, and changes in
use and market; and their future readiness.

*Conference Themes:*

   - *For the record:* Should we talk about data or media?
   - *Meeting the demand:* How can we match users’ expectations with
   institutional capabilities?
   - *“I am big, it’s the pictures that got small!”: *What we can learn
   from each other

*Master Classes:*
Spend focused time with experts and other delegates by participating in one
of the Screening the Future 2012 Master Classes:

   - *Archiving in production *– the position of archives in the rapidly
   changing AV production climate.
   - *Managing the cost of archiving* – budgeting, forever cost and
   endowment pricing.
   - *Infrastructure, repositories and services* – the options and limits
   of archival systems in a variety of institutions.
   - *Archiving future data* – the attributes and requirements of future
   generated AV data.
   - *Trusting the future archive* – trusted auditing and certification of
   audiovisual archives and repositories.

*Timing, Venue and Conference Rate*
The conference takes place from May 21-23, 2012 at the University of
Southern California Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Los Angeles, USA. *Early
bird registration is open until April 1. Discounted conference rate is
available for PrestoCentre members.*

For more information about the conference, registration and member discount
visit or send an email to events at prestocentre.org

--
*The PrestoCentre Team*
*Communication*