[Filmfestivalresearch] Documentary films on film festivals?

Jean-Michel Frodon jmfrodon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:54:58 CET 2012

Among others, there are the 4 films by Gilles Jacob about Cannes Film
Festival.
Why only documentary? Fictions shot inside festivals tell a lot too - from
Chahine to de Palma in Cannes, Sophie Letourneur in Locarno, even Hong
Sang-soo in a Jeonju-like invented Festival, etc.
All the best
jmf
PS: Of course, Panafrican Festival in Algiers was not a Film Festival...

Jean-Michel Frodon
http://blog.slate.fr/projection-publique
http://artsciencefactory.fr
Professeur associé à Sciences-Po Paris
Membre du comité pédagogique de SPEAP
Professorial Fellow, University of St. Andrews. Scotland