[Filmfestivalresearch] NECSUS #2

Skadi Loist skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Nov 27 16:26:27 CET 2012

Dear FFRN members:

For those of you who haven’t seen it yet: check out the new issue of NECSUS_European Journal of Media Studies featuring the new film festival review section (edited by Marijke de Valck and me), which is now in full swing and will continue publishing festival reports that are informed by theory/analysis in film festival studies.

http://www.necsus-ejms.org/portfolio/2-autumn-2012-tangibility/

Cheers,

Skadi

* * * * *

Online now! NECSUS #2_Autumn 2012_'Tangibility'

We are excited to announce that the new issue of NECSUS_European Journal of Media Studies is now online at www.necsus-ejms.org. This issue contains a special section on the theme 'tangibility' with contributions from Adriano D'Aloia, Barbara Flueckiger, Wanda Strauven, and others. We would also like to highlight our new film festival review section, which is edited by Marijke de Valck and Skadi Loist of the Film Festival Research Network. We hope you enjoy this issue and we look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent critical writing and leading scholarship in the discipline of media stuidies.

NECSUS Editorial Board

The Relocation of Cinema by Francesco Casetti

Read Casetti's wonderful new article on the subject of the diffusion of cinema here. "The enormous diffusion of screens in our daily life – including those of the latest generation, which are well-integrated into domestic and urban environments, interactive and multi-functional, in the form of a window or tabletop – produces a permanence of the cinema. This diffusion allows cinema to continue to survive, even as it adapts to a new landscape."

Future issues

In May 2013 we will publish NECSUS #3, with a special section on the theme "green".

In October 2013, NECSUS #4 will feature a special section on the theme "waste", guest edited by Alexandra Schneider (University of Amsterdam) and Wanda Strauven (University of Amsterdam).

-- -- -- -- --

Skadi Loist

Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
Universität Hamburg