[Filmfestivalresearch] historical festival directories / data

Skadi Loist skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Dec 11 14:37:18 CET 2013

Dear film festival researchers, dear colleagues:

For a research paper I am currently working on, I am trying to locate any
verifiable, citable data on the historical expansion of the film festival
circuit.   There exist plenty of assessments that the festival circuit has
expanded massively from the 1980s onwards.  However, it seems incredibly
hard to find any numbers and data.

Thus, I am calling out for researchers and people who have long been active
in the field: do you know of any accessible data?  Do you happen to
have/could share/point to historical festival directories or the like, which
would provide numbers in order to be able to document the expansion of the
circuit?

Any leads are much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Skadi

-- -- -- -- --

Skadi Loist

(Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, 50% Stelle)

Universität Hamburg
Institut für Medien und Kommunikation
Von-Melle-Park 6, Postfach 20
20146 Hamburg

Germany

Tel.: +49.(0)40.42838.6287
 <mailto:skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de> skadi.loist at uni-hamburg.de

 <http://www.slm.uni-hamburg.de/imk/Personal/loist/skadi_loist.html>
http://www.slm.uni-hamburg.de/imk/Personal/loist/skadi_loist.html

 <http://uni-hamburg.academia.edu/SkadiLoist/About>
http://uni-hamburg.academia.edu/SkadiLoist/About

Co-founder Film Festival Research Network

 <http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/> http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/

NECSUS section editor Festival Reviews

 <http://www.necsus-ejms.org/> http://www.necsus-ejms.org/