[Filmfestivalresearch] Thai films + Q&As at Pan-Asia Film Festival, London: 1-2 March

sonali joshi sonali at day-for-night.org
Thu Feb 20 22:22:38 CET 2014

Colleagues working on Thai cinema and Asian film festivals more
broadly may be interested in screenings of two films by Thai director
Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit's "36" and "Mary Is Happy, Mary Is Happy" at
the Pan-Asia Film Festival in London next month. Nawapol will be doing
Q&As at both screenings.

Nawapol is a rising star within the Thai independent filmmaking scene,
often likened in part to the style of Apichatpong Weerasethakul. He won
the New Currents Award at the Busan International Film Festival 2012
for his debut "36" which was also selected for the Tiger competition at
International Film Festival Rotterdam last year.

Nawapol's second feature MARY IS HAPPY, MARY IS HAPPY was one of three
final projects selected for development under the inaugural Venice
Biennale College, earning its world premiere at last year's Venice Film
Festival. The film is a first in which social media and cinema merge
through an adaptation of a real Twitter stream consisting of 410
consecutive tweets by an unknown girl called Mary.

We're delighted to welcome Nawapol to London to take part in Q&As at
the following screenings:

1 March, 6pm - 36 @ ICA, Pan-Asia Film Festival
[1]www.ica.org.uk/whats-on/pan-asia-film-festival-2014-36-qa

2 March, 6pm - Mary Is Happy, Mary Is Happy @ ICA, Pan-Asia Film
Festival
[2]www.ica.org.uk/whats-on/pan-asian-film-festival-2014-mary-happy-mary
-happy-qa

Nawapol will also be doing Q&As at two further London screenings on 3
and 4 March - full details at [3]www.day-for-night.org.

Please feel free to circulate to any contacts who may be interested.

best wishes,

Sonali

Sonali Joshi
Founder & Curator
day for night*
- film exhibition I distribution I screen translation -
[4]www.day-for-night.org