[Filmfestivalresearch] survey into independent filmmaking distribution and marketing

Jill Daniels jill.daniels at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jul 18 16:07:00 CEST 2014

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

To Film Practitioners and film festival researchers,

I am carrying out research in the wide area of Independent (and Radical) film distribution and marketing. If you have ever made a film I would
be grateful if you would take a  small amount of your time (no more than 5 minutes) to complete my survey. Its aim is to find out the experiences
 of independent filmmakers and practitioners in reaching an audience for their films through social media; distributors; galleries, film festivals, conferences etc.
 It will form part of a research paper to which aims to see whether there is potential to reach audiences more effectively. I need as many responses as possible to get a
full picture of the situation on the ground. All responses to this survey are anonymised and all data fully secured. If you have any questions about
the reporting or dissemination of these results, the protection of the data from the survey or the manner in which the research is being conducted,
please feel free to contact me at j.daniels2 at uel.ac.uk If you wish to receive a summary of the results from this survey please send me an e-mail.

(The survey encompasses practitioners in the EU and US for the moment)

Here is the link for the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/263KMHC

Please disseminate to filmmakers as widely as possible.

Many thanks

Jill Daniels
www.jilldanielsfilms.com