[Filmfestivalresearch] Updates to the Chinese Film Festival Studies website

Sydney J. Levine sydney at sydneysbuzz.com
Thu Jul 31 20:49:10 CEST 2014

Just so you know, Rose Kuo, formerly with New York Film Society and NYFF is head of the new Film Festival in Zhejiang Province.  Rose KUO [rosekuo at me.com]
Sydney Levine

Please do us a favor and go to www.Indiewire.com/SydneyLevine and click on Email Updates.
THIS HELPS US AND WE THANK YOU!

SydneysBuzz the Blog
Member of the Indiewire Blog Network at www.Indiewire.com/SydneyLevine
Partner of IMDbPro News at http://pro.imdb.com/news/

Sydney at SydneysBuzz.com

Cel: +1 201 887 3469
Skype: SydneysBuzz

-----Original Message-----
From: Filmfestivalresearch [mailto:filmfestivalresearch-bounces at listcultures.org] On Behalf Of Luke Robinson
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:57 AM
To: filmfestivalresearch at listcultures.org
Subject: [Filmfestivalresearch] Updates to the Chinese Film Festival Studies website

Dear List Members,

We have another brief round-up notice detailing updates to the Chinese Film Festival Studies website (www.chinesefilmfeststudies.org<http://www.chinesefilmfeststudies.org/>). In the past month, we've added the following material:
NEWS: In July, media in and outside China reported that the county of Anji, in Zhejiang Province, announced that it would be partnering with the Cannes Film Festival to build a new "film city". Inevitably, this will apparently include an international film festival. We link on the website to the original China Daily report on this project. In addition, Chris Berry, one of the original network project members, has just published a review in Senses of Cinema of this year's Far East Film Festival, which took place between April and May in Udine, Italy. We have a link to the report on the website.

ARCHIVE: With the help of Meng Jing, we have now compiled a bibliography of writing in Chinese on Chinese film festivals, covering academic and non-academic writing. This file can now be accessed under the Archives section of the website. This bibliography is partial and ongoing, and is primarily derived from searches of academic databases, film journals, and online search engines. If you have suggestions for articles, blog posts or commentary that we have missed, please contact us directly so that we can update it!

Thank you,

Chris Berry and Luke Robinson