[Filmfestivalresearch] Announcing the Film-Philosophy Conference 2014: next week, 2-4 July, in Glasgow

Stefanie Van de Peer stefanievandepeer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:23:43 CEST 2014

Dear All,

We are excited to remind you of the Film-Philosophy Conference that is
taking place next week at the University of Glasgow, and is hosted by Film
and Television Studies. This year the conference theme is *A World of
Cinemas.*

With F-P2014, we aim to provide a space for reflection on what it means to
consider film-philosophy in a global context. The call for papers produced
a truly outstanding response to the theme, with film-philosophical papers
and panels on cinemas crossing several continents. The full programme is
now available for download here
<http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/F-P2014>.

With keynote addresses by Lucía Nagib, Laura Marks, Patricia Pisters and
William Brown, and with presentations and film screenings by film scholars
and practitioners from twenty countries, the conference promises to be a
truly enriching event.

After the conference, please do keep an eye on the *Film-Philosophy* listserve,
website and Facebook page, for imminent new developments. In particular, we
will aim to make available online audio recordings of the four keynote
papers.

Follow the Conference goings-on on our Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/406937786101739/?fref=ts> and twitter
<https://twitter.com/filmphiljournal> pages

With all best wishes, on behalf of the organising team,

Stefanie Van de Peer

--
Dr Stefanie Van de Peer
Teaching Fellow Global Cinema