[Filmfestivalresearch] Class for film lovers, professionals, undergrads to Montreal's RIDM in November

erin at erintrahan.net erin at erintrahan.net
Tue Sep 16 17:47:14 CEST 2014

Dear Film Festival Research List members,

Though many of us don't know each other, I wanted to personally invite you to join me on a documentary film field trip to Montreal this November. All are welcome (programmers, filmmakers, and academics, especially, are strongly encouraged to attend) and undergrads can opt to earn credit. Register by September 28.

We piloted a similar class at Salem Film Fest earlier this year and will be running that class again next March. Learn more at: http://salemfilmfest.com/2014/2014/missing-salem-film-fest-head-to-montreal-with-other-doc-lovers/.

Please share this email.

Thanks so much,
Erin Trahan
erin at erintrahan.net
www.erintrahan.com

FILM IN QUEBEC: A Documentary Film Lover's Field Trip to Montreal

OVERVIEW
This trip offers both film professionals and film lovers the chance to discover what’s unique about Montreal’s filmmaking community while attending one of the region’s most prestigious all-documentary film festivals, the Rencontres internationales du documentaire de Montréal (RIDM). Time will also be allotted for some of the city’s must-visit culinary landmarks.

INSTRUCTOR
ERIN TRAHAN is both a film journalist and Quebec expert, having completed her fifth Frommer’s Guide to Montreal and Quebec City. She has contributed to WBUR, The Boston Globe, MovieMaker Magazine, New Hampshire Public Radio, NewEnglandFilm.com and currently edits The Independent.

DATES
4 day Trip: Thurs. Nov. 13 - Sun. Nov. 16
5 Day Trip: Thurs. Nov.13 - Mon. Nov. 17
Register by September 28 for guaranteed accommodations.

TUITION & FEES
Rates range from $400 - $1,300 depending on length of stay and accommodation preferences. 1.5 college credits available.

WHAT’S INCLUDED
- Expert instruction
- Exclusive access to film professionals
- RIDM Festival pass
- Public transit pass in Montreal
- Hotel accomodation (optional)
- Breakfast for hotel guests