[Filmfestivalresearch] Article on Film Festivals

Dina Iordanova dina.iordanova at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 06:25:17 CEST 2016

This is an impressive article, thank you for sending it to the list,
Ratheesh:)

It is one of the rare cases where ideological matters are made central for
the investigation of a festival's politics and a debate of this sort is
discussed polemically.
I so very much like to see more of this type of work, especially as we
have got a range of festivals that have been geared politically in a very
similar way and yet we do not have solid studies of these (with a few
exceptions, e.g. Caroline Moine's work).

And, of course, there is nothing surprising in Zanussi's betrayal -- this
is the sad state of affairs in many post-communist countries, and of
course Poland is an extreme example of reactionary fundamentalism  (I also
wondered on the basis of what would Zanussi qualify as the most important
post-war Polish director -- a standing that he lost in his own country a
long time ago).

Dina

Dina Iordanova FRSA
Professor of Global Cinema and Creative Cultures
Director, Institute for Global Cinema and Creative Cultures (IGCCC)
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/globalcinema
https://www.facebook.com/staigccc
Publisher, St Andrews Film Studies
University of St Andrews, Scotland

--

On 22/06/2016 03:19, "Ratheesh Radhakrishnan"