[Filmfestivalresearch] SCMS 2019 (Seattle), Film & Media Festivals SIG CfP

Jonathan Petrychyn jpetrychyn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:30:22 CEST 2018

Reminder that proposals for the SCMS Film & Media Festivals SIG are due on
Wednesday, August 1. See below for details.

>> Film & Media Festivals SIG – Call for Paper, SCMS 2019 in Seattle (March,
> 13th-17th)
>
> To participate in a preconstituted panel sponsored by the Film and Media
> Festivals SIG, please submit a summary no longer than 500 words, 3-5
> bibliographic sources, and an author bio no longer than 150 words.
>
> Please copy and paste your proposal into the body of the email message
> (avoid sending attachments!) and include in the subject heading “Film
> Festival SCMS paper (or workshop) submission.”
>

> The suggested panel/workshop titles/themes are for your consideration. If
> you wish, feel free to suggest another! We are providing this service to
> help coordinate the papers of the SIG members so that a maximum number have
> the best chance of being selected to participate in the conference; this
> has proven to be a very successful tactic.
>
> Suggested panel and workshop themes:
>
> -       Festivals and pedagogy
>

> -       Festival (studies)’s archives, temporalities, and historiography
>

> -       Issues of translation in/at festivals
>

> -       Research methods in festival studies
>

> -       Festivals & ephemerality
>

> -       Roundtable(s): festival directors/curators/programmers
>

> -       Expanded cinema and expanded notions of film festivals
>

> How to submit?
>

> Please copy and paste proposal into the body of the email message (and
> avoid sending attachments!) and include in the subject heading “Film
> Festival SCMS paper (or workshop) submission.”
>
> Email proposal to co-chairs and graduate student representative of the
> Film and Media Festivals SIG:
>

> Beth Tsai (peijenbethtsai at gmail.com<mailto:peijenbethtsai at gmail.com>)
>
> Antoine Damiens (antoine.damiens at concordia.ca<mailto:
> antoine.damiens at concordia.ca>)
>
> Jon Petrychyn (jpetrychyn at ryerson.ca<mailto:jpetrychyn at ryerson.ca>)
>

> Deadline: August 1st, 2017
>

> *The titles for each panel/workshop will have to be refined once we have
> received your proposals and they have been sorted according to some
> compelling theme. Only the designated panel chair may submit the final
> panel/workshop proposal for all its members.
>
> ----
> Antoine Damiens
> PhD, Film & Moving Images St, Université Concordia, Montréal
> SCMS - Film & Media Festival SIG Co-Chair
> Queer Palm - Film Professionals liaison officer
> MediaQueer: Festival - Curation - Liaison
> Synoptique: Festival review editor
> antoine.damiens at concordia.ca<mailto:antoine.damiens at concordia.ca>
>
> Recently published: "Incestuous Festivals: Friendships, John Greyson, and
> the Toronto Scene,” in Frames 13.

JONATHAN PETRYCHYN • PhD Candidate (ABD)
Communication & Culture
Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies

YORK UNIVERSITY & RYERSON UNIVERSITY
S710 Ross Building • 4700 Keele Street (at York University)
206F Research and Graduate Studies • 111 Gerrard Street East (at Ryerson
University)
Toronto ON
jpetrychyn at gmail.com • www.yorku.ca • www.ryerson.ca

Director, Toronto Outdoor Picture Show
www.topictureshow.com
www.christiepitsff.com

Working Group Member, Studio for Media Activism & Critical Thought
www.studioformediaactivism.com