[Filmfestivalresearch] Online seminar about the San Sebastian Film Festival Archive. Friday, June 4, 2:30 pm (CEST)

Aida Vallejo aida_vallejo at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 2 23:50:31 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues and friends,
The researcher in charge of the creation of the San Sebastian Film Festival archive will be talking about his project on friday in an online lecture. You can find the details in his mail below:

Dear colleagues and friends,
I hope this email finds you well.

As you know, since 2018 I am in charge of the research and archive project Zinemaldia 70: All Possible Histories, launched by the San Sebastian International Film Festival (SSIFF) and Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola.
This Friday, June 4, at 2:30 pm (CEST) the International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) will host a lecture about our project. Following the talk, I will discuss with IFFR's programmer Gerwin Tamsma the archiving of SSIFF as a potential model for IFFR, and other questions about the challenges that the preservation of festival memories entails. The event is organized by the University of Amsterdam and Eye Filmmuseum and will be moderated by Prof. Floris Paalman.
If you are interested, you can join the lecture via Zoom (no registration is required). All the details can be found here: https://iffr.com/en/how-archive-film-festival-san-sebastian-model
Please feel free to forward this information to other interested colleagues!
Warmly,
Pablo

Pablo La Parra Pérez
Ikerkuntza Saileko koordinatzailea
Coordinador del Departamento de Investigación
Coordinator of the Department of Research

Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola
Andre zigarrogileen plaza, 1, 20012 Donostia-San Sebastián, GipuzkoaM. +34 644 414 957 E. pablo at zine-eskola.eus W. www.zine-eskola.eus

Aida Vallejo Vallejo
http://www.ehu.eus/ehusfera/aidavallejo/publicaciones/
University of the Basque Country UPV/EHUBooks: Documentary Film Festivals Vol.1 and Vol.2 (with Ezra Winton).Film Festivals and Anthropology (with María Paz Peirano)
NECS documentary workgroup coordinator
Research project: ikerFESTS. Film and Audiovisual Festivals in the Basque Country