[Filmfestivalresearch] NECSUS Festival reviews section open for submissions

Valck, M. de (Marijke) m.devalck at uu.nl
Fri Jan 14 17:15:11 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

The Festival Reviews section in NECSUS is open for new submissions!

For the Fall/Winter 2020 and Spring/Summer 2021 issues we solicited reviews on the impact of Covid on film festivals. The current issue (Fall/Winter 2021 – now online) features an anniversary special with contributions that both re-evaluate the past ten years of media studies and look forward to the future. As editors of the Festival Reviews section we seized the opportunity to celebrate the minor genre of festival reviews<https://necsus-ejms.org/ten-years-of-festival-reviews-celebrating-a-minor-academic-genre/>.

As we prepare for the Spring/Summer 2022 issue (#Rumors) we’d like to spread the word the section is open again for all types of festival reviews. We continue to be interested in reports that address pandemic effects, but are equally keen to receive proposals dealing with other issues and themes.

Thinking about writing/submitting a festival review? Please send a message to Antoine<mailto:adamiens at yorku.ca> or Marijke<mailto:m.devalck at uu.nl> with a short description of your idea.
You can find the NECSUS reviews guidelines here<https://necsus-ejms.org/review-submissions/>.

Best wishes,
Marijke

Dr. Marijke de Valck | Associate Professor of Film and Media Studies | Department of Media and Culture Studies | Utrecht University | Kromme Nieuwegracht 20, 3512 EV Utrecht | The Netherlands | Room T1.12 | +31 30 2538162  | m.devalck at uu.nl<mailto:m.devalck at uu.nl> | www.uu.nl/medewerkers/MdeValck<http://www.uu.nl/medewerkers/MdeValck> | www.filmfestivalresearch.org<http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/>