[Filmfestivalresearch] chapter contributor sought on Animation & Festival / theatrical exhibition

Skadi Loist s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de
Mon May 16 12:48:58 CEST 2022

Dear festivalists:

A colleague from Austria, Franziska Bruckner, got in touch. She is looking for a chapter contributor on animation festivals.  For details see below.

With questions and interest please get in touch directly with Franziska.

Cheers, Skadi

* * * * * *

My colleague Alla Gadassik and I are editors of for the Encyclopedia of Animation Studies Vol. 2: Techniques, Processes, Environments (Bloomsbury) and are specifically looking for an author for a 7000-word chapter about Theatrical Exhibtions / Festivals (working title).

Our book is part of an expansive four-volume series that will showcase established and emerging scholarship on animation, including transdisciplinary approaches that consider the proliferating forms and roles of animation today. This second volume, focuses specifically on animation techniques, processes, and environments – how, where, and why animation is made and exhibited.

As you are an expert for film festivals (and animation), would you be interested to contribute to our volume? For now, we would only need a chapter title, an abstract (300 words), a short author bio and some contact data.

First drafts of chapters will be due by August 2023 for scheduled publication in 2024.

Please let us know, if you are interested in general and I will provide more information about the publication in an additional email.

Thank you and all the best, Franziska

FH-Prof. Dr. Franziska Bruckner

Head of Media Creation Research Group
Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies

Department of Media and Digital Technologies

St. Poelten University of Applied Sciences
Campus-Platz 1, 3100 St. Pölten

franziska.bruckner at fhstp.ac.at

https://icmt.fhstp.ac.at/en/team/franziska-bruckner

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ⛵ ~ ~

Prof. Dr. Skadi Loist  (*/none/they/she)

Juniorprofessor*in Produktionskulturen in audiovisuellen Medienindustrien

Assistant Professor Production Cultures in Audiovisual Media Industries

Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf

Marlene-Dietrich-Allee 11

14482 Potsdam

Germany

office: +49.331.6202.212 | mobile: +49.176.6204.0039

 <mailto:s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de> s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de |  <http://www.skadiloist.de/> www.skadiloist.de

PI " <http://filmcirculation.net/> Circulation" (BMBF 2017-2022)

PI  <https://www.filmuniversitaet.de/en/research-transfer/research/projects/project-page/detail/gender-equity-policy-gep-analysis> “Gender Equity Policy (GEP) Analysis” (DFG/ESRC/SSHRC 2021-2024)

Board member/founder:  <http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/> filmfestivalresearch.org |  <https://necsus-ejms.org/> necsus-ejms.org |  <http://www.eufa.org/> European University Film Award (EUFA)

Recent publications:

-       Ehrich, Martha E., Katharina Burgdorf, Zhenya Samoilova, and Skadi Loist. 2022. “The Film Festival Sector and Its Networked Structures of Gender Inequality.” Applied Network Science 7 (1): 1–38. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41109-022-00457-z.

-       Arbeitskreis Umfrage des FAM. 2022. „'Wie weiß ist die deutschsprachige Medienwissenschaft?'“ Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 14 (1): 192–98. https://doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/18122.

-       Loist, Skadi. 2020. „Zirkulation im Netzwerk: Eine Betrachtung zur Zirkulationskraft von Filmfestivals.“ Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft no. 23: 55–63. https://doi.org/10.25969/mediarep/14833.

-       Prommer, Elizabeth, and Skadi Loist. 2020. “Where Are the Female Creatives? The Status Quo of the German Screen Industry.” In Women in the International Film Industry: Policy, Practice and Power, edited by Susan Liddy, 43–60. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan.