[Filmfestivalresearch] Rescheduled Film Festival Research Network PGR Work in Progress seminar

Rachel Johnson R.Johnson at leeds.ac.uk
Thu May 9 13:07:02 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues and friends

Thank you for bearing with us while we rescheduled the cancelled Film Festival Research Network Work in Progress seminar. We now have a new time, date and Zoom link for you. I include these as well as the original seminar information below.

3:30pm - 4:30pm (UK time), Friday 17 May.
On Zoom - https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/j/87152173757
Meeting ID: 871 5217 3757 (No passcode required)

Speakers and paper titles
Hera Lorandos (King's College London) will present Unveiling the Political Economy of Migration in Jumana Manna's "Wild Relatives" (2018): A Border Abolitionist and Decolonial Perspective

Joss Morfitt (University of Durham) will present BFI Flare: London LGBTQIA+ Film Festival: Gender Assemblages and the Queer Film Festival

Marie Kramer (Philipps-Universitat Marburg and Universite de Lorraine) will present Save the Cinema: Cinephilia, Festivals and Abandoned Movie Theatres in the Global South

Abstracts and bios can be read via this online document: https://leeds365-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/sasrj_leeds_ac_uk/EV3lKEk7DudEu7eyAObS5v4B6uYcXwKh74usaUgk8jLaOQ?e=CV7hAs

We look forward to seeing you next Friday.

All the best

Rachel, Estrella and Juliana

--

R Johnson
Lecturer in Film Studies

New book! Film Festivals, Ideology and Italian Art Cinema<https://www.aup.nl/en/book/9789463720366/film-festivals-ideology-and-italian-art-cinema>

Read the introduction for free on Academia.edu<https://www.academia.edu/115210860/Film_Festivals_Ideology_and_Italian_Art_Cinema_Politics_Histories_and_Cultural_Value?source=swp_share>
Use code AUP20 for a 20% discount until 31st May 2024.