<synthesis> Reclaiming the means of re/production as the means of sustainable climate production?

Krystian Woznicki kw at berlinergazette.de
Wed Dec 13 11:59:45 CET 2023

Hi INC-folks,

What is the ecological dimension of work? What common interests do
workers’ and environmental movements have and what does it mean to join
forces? How can we reclaim the means of re/production as the means of
sustainable climate production? These are some of the key questions
explored by the “Allied Grounds” project in 2023.

More than 80 activists and researchers were invited to share their
thoughts on these questions in the form of video talks, projects, and
essays. Check out all the materials on the “Allied Grounds” project
website: https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds/

Throughout the year, we published 46 essays from 22 countries, now
organized into the following sections: Working People in Movement, Rural
Worker Struggles, Alliances of the Exploited, Resisting Green Capital,
Collective Agency?, Reimagining Work, Post-Growth Pathways, Just
Transition from Below, and Ecological Unionism.

In the context of the autumn conference we recorded video talks by
Jennifer Kamau, Harsha Walia, Florin Poenaru, Brett Neilson, Dario
Azzellini, Svjetlana Nedimović, Francesca Gabbriellini, Paola
Imperatore, and Lorenzo Feltrin. At the conference, we facilitated the
collaborative production of five collective projects on the following
topics: Eco-Internationalism, Jobs vs. Nature, Working-Class
Environmentalism, (Un)Working Balkans, and Eco-Fascism.

More results from the conference are available on “Allied Grounds”
website (https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds/), which
serves as a permanent, open-access resource platform and, ultimately, a
veritable archive of resistance and toolbox of critical knowledge and
practices for activists and scholars alike. If you are interested in
republishing any of it, just let us know! We are happy to share.

Thank you to all of you who have participated in this truly enriching
exploration and have contributed to the creation of this rich body of
resources. And thank you to everyone who has and will continue to spread
the word about our activities. It is in this "organic" way that we will
move beyond the silos of the algorithm-driven social media "public sphere".

And in case you missed it, check out the conference report
(https://transversal.at/blog/we-must-find-a-common-language), now
available in Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Dutch, English,
French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish. More
translations, including Turkish, are in the works.

In solidarity,

Krystian (for the BG team)

BG - Berliner Gazette - since 1999 - https://berlinergazette.de

Allied Grounds: Connecting Climate and Labor Struggles
BG Project 2023 w/ Texts, Video Talks, Projects + more
https://berlinergazette.de/projects/allied-grounds

After Extractivism: Challenging the Ecological-Economic Complex
BG Project 2022 w/ Video Talks, Projects, Texts + more
https://after-extractivism.berlinergazette.de