<m2m-eng> program of october 26, 2008

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 26 19:10:43 CET 2008

For more detailed information on this program see the Dutch version:
HYPERLINK "http://www.vertrokkengezichten.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=61
" http://www.vertrokkengezichten.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=61

3rd Commemoration of the Schiphol Fire

Today's program

Together.
Remember the dead.
Create new life.

The survivors are welcomed with coffee in the blue room of the
Nicolaaskerk in Amsterdam by Theo Beussink. Today we commemorate our
eleven killed friends by visiting the eleven wooden columnars close to
the fence of the Schiphol East prison complex.

Address Schiphol East:

Ten Pol 64
Oude Meer 64
1438 AJ

Participants either come by car or take the train to NS Station
Schiphol. The meeting point is at Delifrance on Schiphol Plaza where
participants are pointed to transportation towards Schiphol East.

Three party tents are set up to shelter from the rain.
‘Theaterstraat’ takes care of light and podium.
Warm food and drinks are provided by ‘Rampenplan.’

The program starts at 2 pm.

At 7 pm there is a sober gathering at the Hoofdvaartkerk in Hoofddorp
where, among others, mayor Theo Weterings will speak. After this
gathering a bus will go to Schiphol East to hand over earth. This bus
drives back to Schiphol Plaza around half past ten at night.

At 8 pm three Linden trees will be planted in the grass of the eleven
people that did not survive.

We will continue till we finish our rituals, our art, and our
connections.

We thank all the volunteers and artists that helped us organize this
occasion.

Mary-Ann and Noury have made a mobile collecting-box where people are
able to donate financially or personal letters to the absent.
Including Miloud Fritass, Ahmed Isa and all the others we were not
able to trace as of yet.

Additionally, we would like to solidarily greet the prisoners inside
the prison complex and warn them that they are not safe there…

We ask participants, spectators and the press to embrace this
ceremonial art project with respect and to avoid unnecessary disorder.
The authorities are informed and did not set conditions for this
occasion. We ask the police and marechaussee only to approach the
survivors without uniform. Politicians are invited to make apologies
and to acknowledge this with a handshake.

We would like to thank Jan Pronk and other members of the ‘Comite van
Aanbeveling’ for their support an former mayor Ed van Thijn for his
much appreciated advice.

You can participate on the Internet as well. Sound and images are
streamed from M2M Radio: HYPERLINK "http://m2m.streamtime.org" http://m2m.streamtime.org
.

The united survivors and M2M Radio would like to thank ‘Het Blauwe
Huis’ for their hospitality.

Miloud Fritass is not allowed to be be with us today. Tuesday Jo van
der Spek and Co van Melle will visit him in the Lelystad prison.