<m2m-eng> M2M joins refugees protest camp in Ter Apel

Jo van der Spek M2M jo at xs4all.nl
Mon May 14 12:10:43 CEST 2012

M2M's director Jo van der Spek drove to the action camp of undocumented
migrants in Ter Apel on Monday 14th of May to give communication support to
the growing movement of refugees on the street.  The camp is now a week old
and is growing to hundreds of people including women and children. As soon
as we have power and connectivity we can start streaming and publishing the
news directly from the action site.

More than 200 people from Iraq, Somalia, Iran and other countries have come
to the common ground next to the deportation complex in the North of
Holland.

They demand the right to live a decent life in the Netherlands, at least as
long as they cannot return to their country for security reasons. The
current government believes they can return safely and voluntarily. To force
them they are denied all basic human rights like shelter, health care, etc.

You can support this movement by:

- spreading the news

joining on line:

www.vluchtelingenopstraat.blogspot.com