<m2m-eng> Announcing the Schiphol Fire Memorial 2012 on Friday 26th of Oct.

Jo jo at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 22 16:17:38 CEST 2012

The 2012 Commemoration of the Schiphol Fire.

Eleven detained migrants died in a fire that raged it the Detention
Compex at Schiphol East. More than fifty were injured. After an
investigation two ministers resigned. Some 40 of the total number of
about 290 survivors obtained a residence permit to recover from their
trauma´s. No official appeared in court for this crime of negligence.
Only the Libyan Ahmed Issa Al Jebballi is still being sued for starting
the fire with a cigarette. Survivors of the Fire in the night of the
26-27th of October 2005 have announced their ceremony as follows:

Brothers and sisters Schiphol People

This year we will commemorate our eleven dead of the Schiphol Fire on
Friday the 26th of October.

WE ARE HERE

TO MAKE A LIFE AGAIN

TOGETHER AS ONE

The mayor of Haarlemmermeer has spoken with three survivors and with
Mrs. Toekaja, mother of thedaed Robert Arah about the future of the
monument. We made it clear that the monument is one whole and that it
should stay where it is. The detention complex at Schiphol Oost will be
demolished, because the new prison is finished, you can see it if you go
from Amsterdam by car to Schiphol. It is to the right of the A4, just
before you go into the tunnel.

The monument is the place for the commemoration, with the eleven wooden
pillars with the names of the dead, the three trees that we planted in
2008 and later gave to the people of Haarlemmermeer and the stone that
was placed by the government at the entrance of the prison.

Now that the Mayor accepts our view we can organize the commemoration
with a little support from the Gemeente. They will give us a bus for the
day and print the official invitation and pay for the stamps. We wish
the commemoration to be comfortable and dignified.

The commemoration at the monument starts at 10 p.m.

Address: Ten Pol 64, 1438 AJ Oude Meer.

We return with the special bus to Schiphol Plaza and Amsterdam after
midnight.

For more information please contact us per

E-mail: m2migrant at gmail.com <mailto:m2migrant at gmail.com>

Tel. 0686263381 M2M Foundation