<m2m-nl> Judge allows eviction of protest camp Osdorp

Jo van der Spek jo at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 28 10:14:50 CET 2012

Press release for international distribution, by M2M

We Are Here, for our Right to Be

Judge gives go ahead to Amsterdam mayor. Eviction of protest camp in
Amsterdam expected this Friday November 30, 2012

Press Conference in the Camp today at 5 pm

Notweg 32, 1068 LL Amsterdam

This morning at 9 a.m. the judge decided that the camp of refugees
may be evicted, if necessary by force. The Mayor of Amsterdam,
capital city of the Netherlands, has ordered the eviction of the
protest camp of refugees in the western suburb of Amsterdam called
Osdorp. The approximately 100 refugees demonstrating in the camp are
determined to stay where they are and face the police force and
subsequent detention. They call on all people to witness this show
down and show support in a manifestation in front of the camp and on
the streets of Amsterdam. This event starts Thursday 29th of November
at 2 p.m.. The eviction can be expected the morning after. We call
for witnesses, observers and comapssionate citizens to join and
demand the right to live for all who are here. We intend to turn this
crack down into a Theatre of Hope.

{with apologies for double postings}

Wij Zijn Hier at Facebook.com/JoM2M

http://wijzijnhier.org

Jo van der Spek
Stichting M2M. Migrant to Migrant
Van Ostadestraat 49
1073 SN Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Tel. +31.651069318 (KPN) or 0686263381 (Lyca)
Email: m2m at streamtime.org

Bank # 39.02.71.918 St. M2M, Amsterdam

http://m2m.streamtime.org

no borders between us