<MoneyLab> Fear and Trembling: On the Blockchain Video Essay

Eric Barry Drasin eric.drasin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:43:01 CEST 2022

[image: title-image.jpg]

Hello Moneylab,

I am writing to let you know that we just released a video essay version of
Dungeon Master’s first album, “Fear and Trembling: On the Blockchain
<https://youtu.be/YYT40Fl5Th0>.” The album was originally released as a
PowerPoint slide deck in 2020 on Bandcamp as part of my MFA thesis. However
since that summer, for almost two years, I have been working on a workflow
for capturing realtime AR content. This video serves as a proof of concept
for a format that we are going to be digging into over the next few years,
that of the video essay.

If you haven't already done so, please do us a favor and subscribe to our
youtube channel <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoOM-aKu6LZBaQWdT5MN3Tg>.
This is going to be where we are focusing our efforts for the time being.
Dungeon Master will be creating a series of video essays about various
aspects of critical theory, ideology studies, and political economy, in
line with the research I am doing as part of my doctoral work. The basic
question revolves around studies of Fascism within emerging technological
and social contexts. How do you define the qualities of Fascism in a
decentralized headless organization?

While we are releasing a whole slew of Blockchain related content this
summer with DungeonCoin
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSWnisQNmhUEDouh-T1W-9VV0nFHQB8Y5>,
we will be shifting directions afterwards. The blockchain lends itself to
these critiques, but in many ways it is the underlying idea which must be
expressed and properly interrogated before one can even approach any type
of clarity. If you haven't though, read the Black Paper here.
<https://www.dungeonmasterllc.com/>

I hope you are all well, and please reach out with any questions or
comments.
Cheers
Eric Barry Drasin

--