<videovortex> Patrick Lichty intro, enters the list conversation.

Patrick Lichty voyd at voyd.com
Sat Dec 29 14:19:38 CET 2007

Hello,
Patrick Lichty here - Thanks to Geert and everyone for havign me.
As an obligatory sort of gesture, I want to throw my Bio out.  Beyond that, I won't be that formal.

More or less, I feel that my interface with the festival is my curation of mobile video since the turn of the millennuium and my relationship to video as a medium in my current (undocumented) work in linking VoIP and SSTV.

I enjoyed the Ogg/Vorbis post - gives me much to think about as a continue to put together my presentation on the problems of audience, media art, and viral media.

For much of the past ten years, much of Patrick Lichty's performance has involved issues including presence/anonymity and critical personae, collaborating with Guillermo Gomez-Pena, Fluxus, Annie Sprinkle, and RTMark. For this panel, Patrick will appear as the shape-shifting Second Life performance artist, Man Michinaga. Man will take part in the discussion and "respond" from his virtual padded room. What part does public persona have to do with the artist as object? Here, What You See is What You Get. Patrick Lichty is a technologically-based conceptual/performance artist, writer, independent curator,
co-founder of Second Front, the first performance art company in Second Life, animator for the activist group, The Yes Men, and Editor-in-Chief of Intelligent Agent Magazine in NYC. Venues in which Lichty has been involved with solo and collaborative works include the Whitney Biennial as well as the International Symposium on the Electronic Arts (ISEA). He is currently Professor of interactive Arts and Media at Columbia College Chicago.