<videovortex> SCOTT KIRSNER

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 5 21:54:28 CET 2007

SCOTT KIRSNER edits the blog CinemaTech
(http://cinematech.blogspot.com) and is the author of
the book ``The Future of Web Video.''

from: http://stores.lulu.com/kirsner

- All the material in the book was gathered in 2005 and 2006 (the most
recent info is from November 2006).

- The book is written for independent filmmakers and TV producers who
want to understand the new options for earning a return for their
work...advertising and media company executives confronting new
challenges...and entrepreneurs interested in building businesses around
Web video.

- The paperback version (first link at left) contains black-and-white
interior pages, and requires shipping time; eBook version (second link
at left) contains color pages and can be downloaded immediately. Both
contain the same content.

- My background: I cover the intersection of the entertainment industry
and new technology for Variety, write a column called "Entertainment
2.0" in the Boston Globe, and also write on occasion for Wired, Fast
Company, and the New York Times. I've written in the past for The
Hollywood Reporter, including several pieces for their annual "Future
of Entertainment" issue. I edit the blog CinemaTech. (You can sign up
for a free e-mail subscription there; it's updated at least once every
weekday.)

To my knowledge, The Future of Web Video is the most comprehensive book
or research report yet written on the emerging Web video economy. If
you have any questions about it, feel free to e-mail me at
kirsner at pobox.com.