<videovortex> WG: tank.tv in Amsterdam

vera tollmann vera.tollmann at gmx.net
Mon Nov 26 13:01:31 CET 2007

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: tank.tv [mailto:mail at tank.tv]
Gesendet: Montag, 26. November 2007 12:11
An: vera.tollmann at gmx.net
Betreff: tank.tv in Amsterdam

      tank.tv outdoors
      From December 2007
      CASZ – CONTEMPORARY ART SCREEN ZUIDAS

      tank.tv is pleased to announce a year long presence in
Amsterdam, beginning early this Winter. From December onwards we will
be screening a plethora of programmes on the CASZartscreen in the
Zuidas district of the Dutch capital. Each programme is 15 minutes and
be screened three times a day, with a new programme being shown every
two weeks to ensure the content is kept fresh and engaging.

      We will be initiating our rolling programme with a selection of
work from tank.tv’s first DVD Fresh Moves, including works of David
Blandy, Ben Callaway, Kevin Heavey, Zineb Sedira, Cerith Wyn Evans and
Samuel Stevens on the big screen. Keep on watching the space for even
more work from Fresh Moves while for the rest of the year we will see
our Dutch programmes sharing content with our online exhibitions at
www.tank.tv. An exact schedule of the all works screened can be seen
on www.caszuidas.nl

      The CASZartscreen project is organised by Jan Schuijren and is
part of a district-wide arts focus. CASZ (CONTEMPORARY ART SCREEN
ZUIDAS), which was initiated by Virtueel Museum Zuidas and SKOR
(Foundation Art and Public Space), is a stage dedicated to providing
moving images in the public domain. Located on the Zuidplein in
Amsterdam, CASZ will present a high quality selection of visual arts,
including screenings of video and film works on a 40 m2 LED screen.
The accompanying soundtracks will either be made available to visitors
free of charge on their mobile phones or - during special events and
openings - through the screen’s own built-in sound system. Eighteen
hours a day from 6 a.m. to midnight, an international selection of
film and video works by established and emerging artists from all over
the world will intermingle with public life on the Zuidplein.

      Next to tank.tv's programme the screen will be filled with works
by artists such as John Wood and Paul Harrison (UK), Michel François
(B), Guido van der Werve (NL), Dan Perjovschi (ROM) and many, many
more. Other institutions involved are PARK4DTV, NIMk and TheOneMinutes
(Amsterdam), Impakt (Utrecht) and Argos (Brussels).

      Minutes, hours, days packed with great work.

      For additional information please see:
      www.virtueel-museum.nl
      www.caszuidas.nl

----