<videovortex> Weezer

Patrick Lichty voyd at voyd.com
Fri Jun 13 14:49:07 CEST 2008

first,
Sorry to have fallen off the map. Am still semi-dormant until August, but a
lot happened in March-May.

Re- Weezer.
Vera, I love this piece.  Yeah, it's amazingly smart.  I'm currently
organizing an exhibition on 4chan/lulz/encyclopedia Dramatica culture as part
of my "summer fun" exhibitions (see Summer of MySpace)... I'm still wrapping
my mind around the impact of memetic culture on the boundaries between mass
and high culture, and so far, my thought is that things are niche-ing to the
extreme.  In fact, in many places in the US, colleagues are saying that they
are having problems speaking in common cultural metaphors to their students.