<videovortex> <videovortex-sc>

Vito Campanelli info at vitocampanelli.it
Mon Dec 14 12:44:09 CET 2009

Dear all,
unfortunately I did not take part in the meeting of Brussels, therefore
I'm running the risk of insisting on arguments which you have already
faced.
My proposal goes in the direction of the intervention of Perry: I
believe it is appropriate to imagine a series of topics that we would
like addressed by future Video Vortex (regardless of the
location/organization hosting them).
Made this step will be easier to have a policy framework of reference to
be adapted to the specific interests of content of the various
candidates to organize a VV event.

I would also like to draw your attention on the desirability of
including a line of investigation, as part of a global vision of  the
"Web video" spreading as an expressive mass medium, focused on some
specific local conditions. For example, what is the approach to the
phenomenon specific to Latin-American (or even more specifically:
Argentina, Brazil, etc..) ?
Over the next VV editions we could then open windows on the specificity
of some approaches to highlight trends that may be converging, but also
unexpectedly divergent, compared with the general lines of evolution of
the phenomenon.

I add that I support the connection of future VV with festivals or
events that already have their structures and facilities (and their own
followers); and that the Leicester proposal seems interesting to me.

Season's Greetings,
V.