<videovortex> towards a video vortex steering committee

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 12 10:20:14 CEST 2009

Dear all,

over the past few week, after we recovered from Split a few people
responded to the call for a governance structure in order to turn
Video Vortex into an 'organized network'.

This is how the group looks like at the moment:

- Jan Simons, University of Amsterdam, new media theorist and speaker
at VV 2 and 4
- Andreas Treske, Birkent University Ankara, speaker at VV 2 and 4,
organizer of VV 3
- Dan Oki, presenter at VV 2 and 3, organizer of VV 4
- Adrian Miles, RMIT Melbourne, vlogger and speaker at VV 1
- Vera Tollmann, Berlin online video (art) critic and speaker at VV 2,
3 and 4
- Sabine Niederer, INC Amsterdam, organizer of VV 2, co-editor of the
VV Reader, attended VV 1-4
- Johan Oomen, Research Dept. Audio-Visual Archive Hilversum (NL),
works with Maarten Brinkerink
- Geert Lovink, INC Amsterdam, founder of VV network/event series and
co-editor of VV Reader
- Bram Crevits, Brussels, attended VV 2, 3 and 4, organizer of VV 5
- Seth Keen, RMIT Melbourne, Video Vortex 2 researcher, finishing his
PhD on online video

We can certainly have more (female?) members!

I am not sure if and what the maximum amount of the group should be. I
don't mind so much. We're not talking here about some legal board with
a chairperson etc.

Besides Nathalie Bookchin, who's interested to pull off the Video
Vortex facebook group?

Soon Bram will come with more news from Brussels Video Vortex 5
(November 20/21 2009).

Best, Geert