<videovortex> data moshing

Kevin Lim brainopera at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:45:24 CET 2009

Vera,
   This is really fascinating to me. Much like we feel warm to
artifacts we get from analogue media (e.g. crackles from vinyl
records), here we are seeing digital artifacts now being appreciated /
manipulated as an artistic quality of the media.

Years ago, I was gifted with a Macintosh Centris 660AV and while I
could edit videos on it, it was too slow to digitize footage off my
Hi8 camera. I ended up using the choppiness of the video and
syncopated beats to fit with it. Surprisingly watchable. Perhaps it'd
be a good time for me to upload such work onto Youtube.

Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist
http://theory.isthereason.com
email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝